Saturday, June 28, 2014

the Trunks

I dreamed I was doing a survival show with Cody Lundin (best dream ever, 10 out of 10...).  The show wasn't going so well, Cody was upset over a girl.  It was night out in the wilderness, there were juniper trees and crickets in a ravine, outlined in moonlight.  There was a huge tent in white plastic, the production team was inside, Cody and I were not allowed in.  We're supposed to be "surviving" while they filmed us.  Cody said he needed to sneak into the tent to talk to her, I says fine, I'll help.  I cut a slit in the tent near the ground, enough to fit us inside, I went in and there were hard-shell travel trunks set on portable tables everywhere.  I looked for Cody, who didn't come inside, instead I saw his silhouette sneaking around outside the tent, I knew it was him because it was a big dude with pigtails, booty shorts and no shoes on.  Suddenly he screamed for me to get out, and his silhouette turned around and ran.  The end of the tent he ran from collapsed, the entire wall was pinned across the ground and continued to advance toward me, like I was inside a tube of toothpaste being squeezed from the back.  I ran back to the hole I cut and wiggled out, just in time before the tent was completely flattened.  On top stood an elephant that had three trunks, and it was using them to roll a large tree trunk across the tent.  On its neck sat a rider, directing the animal.  When it saw me, it got spooked a little, giving me time to run.  The trees had changed, the leaves were thick and looked wet.  Behind the trees, I saw more elephant trunks reaching out trying to grab me as I ran past.  I followed Cody until we both stopped, exhausted.  Cody took a hand full of leaves and said put it on my neck to help cool off.  I took it, and the leaves felt like I was holding a vine of grapes that just came out the refrigerator.  Then, we noticed a campfire, and thought oh shit.  People rushed out at us, we tried to run, but they caught us.  They were giants, we wouldn't have outrun them anyway, they were twice as tall as me.  One was a woman, she had a clean pressed uniform on, and said she has to arrest us.  She cuffed my hands behind my back, and it was uncomfortable, I felt strain in my shoulders and tingling in my fingers.  I woke up because I was sleeping weird and had cut the circulation to my arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment