Wednesday, June 4, 2014

the Mission

I first remember having to pick my sister up on a highway.  I got a call from the police department that she had been illegal helicopter racing (???).  It was late, and she flew the 'copter low to the ground to avoid radar, and somehow she got caught by the police in a car (???).  They confiscated her "wings" and left when I arrived.  We argued, because she refused to get in my truck and wanted to walk it off.  Suddenly, the night was lit brighter than day because an atomic bomb went off in the distance.  I felt scared, and pleaded with her to get in the car before the blast reached us.  She still refused, and the blast hit so hard and faster than I expected, the truck blew over and when I recovered, the sky was fiery and my sister had vanished.  More people came, an angry mob, they said a giant exploded the bomb, and his name was Atlas.  They told me I need to kill him, so I took my Mosin Nagant and chased after him.  There were other people chasing him, shooting but missing their mark.  The Atlas had bone white skin, hair and clothing, looked like an old man with a pooch belly and moobs.  I felt that I really wanted to be the one who does it, I felt vengeful.  The ground was scorched black, and the giant moved over steep ravines swiftly, but I could climb better than the other people.  I knew to shoot him center mass, for some reason, because his center torso was weak.  I followed him into a cave, it was luxurious inside.  I snuck about, and was greeted by a short man in a bathrobe, still drying what remained of his balding head.  I asked him who he was, he said his name is Atlas.  I realized the giant was a suit of armor and this little dude was piloting it.  When he saw I realized what was going on, he stabbed me quickly before I could level my rifle at him.  I bled on the bathroom floor, and last remember thinking I should have stayed with the main group, I shouldn't have over-extended myself, I disadvantaged myself tactically, greed and blood lust.

No comments:

Post a Comment