Tuesday, June 3, 2014

the time Machine

I don't remember what it looked like I just remember using it, I woke up in 1983.  I was lost, I wandered around town, then Anne found me.  She was excited to see me, and then it dawned on me that she technically wasn't born yet.  I questioned her about it, she stacked lies on top of lies, and I felt a vibe from her that whatever reason she had she was embarrassed to admit.  She followed me here, though, and I was glad.  I walked with her through a neighborhood, the houses were very neat.  The grass was bright green in their perfect yards and the paint on the walls and fences was unnervingly white.  The air was foggy and brilliant.  At an intersection, in the middle of the street, there was a small shack made of corrugated metal siding, all the edges were sharp and inside the self-tapping screws were not covered against an accidental poke.  There was a small bed with red sheets inside, it actually filled the shack.  We layed to rest, and started talking about all the things we should do together that we never could have, now that we're in the '80's (yesssss...).  Suddenly I felt pain throughout my neck and throat, and there was a voice outside the shack, she spoke authoritatively.  She said, "go ahead, do what you want here, but you can't talk to the people, so until you go home you will have broken glass in your throat."  It felt horrible, but I didn't want to go home yet, and last I remember was getting ready to leave the shack and take Anne to see Journey with Steve Perry still at it (whaaat! yessss....)

No comments:

Post a Comment