Sunday, June 15, 2014

a legitimate Nightmare

I dreamed I was going home on the train in Japan.  I was with Clay.  I held his hand high so he could keep balance while the train shifted and accelerated, it was fun.  Then we walked up to the apartment, which was a tiny shoebox, single room.  It was late, when we arrived the place was in shambles.  There were booze bottles everywhere and all the food was gone.  My brother was there, he apologized for having a party while we were gone.  I told him to clean it up, and Clay was complaining he was hungry.  I told him to get his shoes and jacket back on, then we walked back toward the train station where there is a 7&I Holdings, they always have good shit in their deli section something something rather blah blah shplee... .  It was day all of a sudden, and there was snow in the streets.  There were other families outside playing, some called out to Clay saying hello, I held his hand like I always do.  Then he ran off to play, I called out to him and he was lost with the other children.  Everyone was asking me where Clay is, I said he was just here, and I walked as brisk as I could over icy pavement.  I started to get anxious, then panicked, then crazed.  I yelled for him and ran between the streets, then I started to feel like a giant, touching the second floors of buildings on both sides of the streets, peering around corners, jumping above the buildings to glance at the next.  I was terrified he was lost, or someone had taken him, or anything.  Where the fuck is my son!?  Thoughts flashed through me and I felt helpless and angered and shaky.  I woke up feeling anxious, that sucked!  I thought this appropriate for fathers day.

No comments:

Post a Comment