Friday, June 20, 2014

the Assassin

I first remember I was drafted back into the Navy.  I didn't have any uniforms, and I was broke.  I was in the office stressed out because it was late, the Exchange was closed and the ship was getting underway in the morning.  Then, a friend gave me his credit card, said you can pay me back with your first check.  I was so relieved, and went to the Exchange so I could be there when they open in the morning.  The Exchange building was open but nothing was in service, and the lights were off but I still went inside, I thought maybe I can at least try on uniforms so I can be ready to check-out in the morning.  Inside the dressing room, there were lights on, and I went to the back dressing room, there were people inside at a table full of wrapped gifts.  I said I was just here to try on uniforms, it's kind of an emergency.  There was a girl there, she didn't seem to like me and told me to go away.  She was very petite, I didn't recognize her.  Before I left, she said I should take one of the gifts, and offered me a gift in a mailing tube.  I opened it, and it was a spear about 3 feet long.  It was weird, I told them I can't accept it because they won't let me take weapons on the ship.  She looked at me real freaky psychotically like, so I left.  When I got into the hallway full of doors to dressing rooms, it was dark and there was about a foot or so of water on the floor with soaked clothes floating around.  I closed the door quickly to not let water into the room I just came from, the scary bitch might yell at me again.  I waded through the hall, then heard the door open and slam shut behind me.  The girl had rushed out and at me, she held the spear in the darkness, I couldn't see but I felt it instinctively it seemed.  I tried to run but the water and clothing tripped me up, I turned over on my back to defend myself but she was already on top of me and had run me through the gut.  It didn't hurt actually, I just laid there stunned, and she said she was paid to murder me before I got to the ship, nothing personal.  She said she needed proof that she accomplished her mission, and proceeded to cut my heart out of my chest.  Again, it didn't hurt, and when she pulled it out she got angry, and said it's not the real heart but a decoy.  She showed me my heart and it was carved from oak and had roots sticking out of it as if to mimic the arteries and veins.  She screamed at me, demanding my real heart, where I hid it or who would know where it is.  That's all I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment