Wednesday, July 2, 2014

the sand Dunes

I first remember I was outside on a rainy night, scavenging through an alley full of garbage.  I was looking for anything metal; cans, electronics, car parts or plumbing pieces.  Anything and all went into my sea bag that was already heavy and the thin straps cut into my shoulders.  I was with other guys, I didn't recognize them, we were trying to be quiet and sneaky-like, but the metal in my bag clanked when I moved, I thought it was getting ridiculous.  I said we should go back before "they" (???) find us.  I headed back to our apartment, the bag shifting awkwardly and loudly, making me walk funny.  Then I heard the guys running, screaming "They found us!", I took the bag off, held it like a baby and ran.  I still don't know who "they" are, so I looked back and I seen tall people, they were 3 or 4 times taller than average.  I kept running, and when I came upon the open apartment door, it was filled almost to the ceiling with sand.  I clambered up the sand and crawled through the space between the sand and the top of the door, dragging the bag in.  The giants couldn't follow me inside, and I found the entire apartment was filled with sand, leaving only enough room to crawl near the ceiling.  Everyone was being still, hiding, and we heard the giants outside screaming and pleading "Hey! We just wanna talk.. come on!.... Come on! Please?... I'm sorry... It's alright, I'm sorry... come on!!!"  They kept apologizing for something, while shaking the walls, testing for weaknesses.  I told the guys, and now girls also, I was going to my room.  I started crawling, still dragging my bag into my bedroom.  The bit of walls not covered with sand and the ceiling was painted black, which faded into a deep purple as it neared a moon, and stars were also dotted about in white.  I turned over in the sand onto my back, suddenly the walls disappeared into horizons and the ceiling became infinite, the paint became reality, I was lying in a desert of sand dunes on a cool night.  I freaked out a little, thought how would I hide from the giants out here!?  Then someone spoke to me, said "Hey! What's up!"  I answered while looking for the voice "Uuuhh.. hello?"  She said I'll be okay here, it's too dry for the giants, they only like the rain.  I asked what they were apologizing for, she said because they are used to feeling guilty all the time, but it makes them feel better to keep saying it about the things they did and will continue doing, bullshit-artists.  She said they want everything and to own you, and will say anything to catch you.  She said not to believe them, their tongues are sledgehammers behind glass teeth.  My bag vibrated, like a cellphone was in it.  I looked inside and there was a closed laptop among all the junk, it had turned on.  I opened it and saw Anne, she had connected to me through Skype, like we do often.  I felt so relieved.  I said "Whoa! Hey!", laying down in my bed, the rolling dunes turned into bunched up bed sheets and mountains of wadded blankets and pillows.  That's all I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment