Thursday, July 17, 2014

it's the Luftwaffe!!

I dreamed that I was going back to school.  I was in the building registering and I felt stressed out.  I was trying to get into a work study program and was hoping my application was going to be approved, and it did, like instantly, which never happens.  I was asked into one of the offices for an interview, the interviewer looked over my application in front of me and said, "Hey, we need someone in the mail department!"  I was instantly on the job, totally forgot about the school part.  He told me to go outside and find my boss who would be in a blue Subaru, when I found him, to my surprise, it was my friend Brian.  I was like Yeah! Whoo!  I asked what exactly were supposed to do, he said just pick up mail when it arrives and put it in the mail room at the college.  Seemed simple enough, then I heard a bunch of airplanes coming.  Brian, jokingly, screams "It's the Luftwaffe!", and looked to the skies.  He said it's important to try and remember where they drop, as the planes released countless packages with little parachutes.  They landed everywhere, in the parking lot, on top of the buildings, in the dirt, across the street... It was chaotic.  I thought "Really?... whose genius idea was this?... (Brian)."  He opened the back hatch of the Subaru and pulled out some boots, like firefighting boots, they slipped over my shoes easily.  He handed me a large burlap sack and we walked out on the dirt to collect the mail.  The dirt turned to mud, and suddenly it seemed the college disappeared, and we were surrounded by rolling hills of sticky mud with juniper trees and power lines everywhere.  The mud was knee deep and difficult to move in as we collected package after package, dragging the burlap bag.  Brian said it's usually not like this except near holidays.  Another wave of airplanes came, and Brian looked stressed because he didn't think he could remember where all the packages fell.  That's all I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment