Wednesday, July 16, 2014

a sci-fi Adventure

(I think it was the cognac...) I first remember being in a group, a sense of belonging to this certain dirty looking band of men.  We wore combat gear, but not in uniform, unshaven and relaxed, armed.  We were in the bed of a truck with a camper, kinda looked like my dirty old truck except the camper wasn't falling apart.  We stopped at our destination, it looked like the fitness center at the college I work out at.  Only I got out, I told my mercenary group I'll be right back. I recognized Matt, he said he would make sure I'm not left behind, I called him by his other name, "Thanks Lung Butter".  I carried a box inside the building, I meant to mail it.  It was addressed to Anne.  Inside, there was of course gym equipment and lots of offices.  Everyone there was in uniform, in matching PT gear, grey t-shirts and blue booty shorts that had "MARINES" printed down the thigh, men and women.  They looked like they hated me, all stared fiercely, I glared back thinking "Yeah, I fuckin' hate yous' too..."  I walked tall, not caring what they thought, pointless anger, I felt I did nothing deserving of this treatment, feeling their eyes on me while they stretched and did their workouts.  I walked into an office and handed the clerk my box.  I told her it was very important she gets the package, it might be the last thing I do for her.  She assured me it would be done, I left.  I got back to the truck,  and my cousin was there among the other men.  He is small and skinny, goofy kid.  The truck moved and we came to an airplane hidden between red colored mesas.  We meant to take it, salvage it, and were making preparations when we were attacked from the air, there zoomed over us small fighter planes the size of cars.  They killed some of us, me and my cousin were left, we hid under the wing of the plane, strategizing that they would have to exit their planes to come get us, giving us the advantage as we hid between the airplanes' massive wheel structure.  We fought there, until our weapons were empty and we were overwhelmed.  Men and women in grey t-shirts and blue booty shorts approached, capturing us and taking us back to the fitness center.  They wanted to execute us, I was confused and disgusted for the unknown reasoning behind this, I felt I was being targeted a terrorist.  Mob mentality, I felt helpless and sickened.  They had Lung Butter caught as well, and others.  He said he has a good idea, and asked to see the "King" (???), which the marines had to oblige.  Suddenly, in the dream, I didn't feel like I was on Earth, I felt like we had travelled across empty space to get here somehow.  I felt like the marines were not human, and this King who stood before me was an alien,  he who was asking if I was the leader.  I said yes, I didn't feel fear since I felt I knew what was going on.  He asked about my culture, we talked a bit and I mentioned my culture tracks their lineage maternally, and he became very interested in us.  He said he would let us live, yet we cannot go home, we would stay here as excellent specimens of human existence, as refugees of his wrath on Earth, and he said only me and my friends will survive.  I asked, and he said yes he will bring whoever I want to be spared.  I wrote a list of people, I knew exactly who, and he sent me back to collect them, and told me to put them in the airplane that my group meant to salvage.  That's all I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment