Saturday, April 26, 2014

the last Nail

I remember I took her to church.  The main sanctuary of the church looked like a ruined Greek acropolis.  There was no roof on it, just white columns and rows of pews on the bare ground with tall grass growing between them.  There were a lot of people I didn't know, just her. She is my ex.  Another dude went to her and took her away from me, leaving me alone in the back row.  The crowd looked happy to see her, the guy gave her some gifts that were a pair of heels and a new dress, then started to sing a song to her.  I felt extremely jealous and angry, I left.  In the hallway outside the sanctuary, it looked like a regular church. One of the doors was open and a man standing in the doorway asked if I could help him.  Inside the room the elderly man led me to a casket.  He asked if I could roll the casket outside to the graveyard because it was too heavy for him.  I said alright no problem, and I noticed on top of the casket was a nail and a hammer, and a spot seeming to be missing it.  I went ahead and drove the last nail in, and rolled the casket out.  When I reached the glass doors leading outside, it was raining and a group of young girls dressed in what looked like girl scout clothes were locked outside.  I unlocked the door and they were all very thankful to get out the rain.  Their leader told them to line up against the wall and thank me properly for helping them.  They each approached me and said thank you and kissed my hand, it was a little uncomfortable.  They said they would all help me dig the grave once the rain stopped, and they all pulled out a collapsible shovel from their backpacks.  That's all I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment