Sunday, March 30, 2014

the workout with Elliot Hulse

First thing I remember was a group of friends, all together walking home in an open field of what I guess was wheat, not sure, but it seemed endless.  The road was dirt, the Sun was out it was a nice day.  The house was a shack, an assembly of tarp, plywood, building scraps and rope.  You had to duck to get in, and remained so throughout the entire space.  There were sleeping bags in odd places, and in a spot on the floor next to a fire pit we placed an assortment of scavenged food.  There was talk between us how and what we could make with these to feed us all.  I realized that the food was not nutritionally balanced, and I thought of a place I could get a tub of protein mix, which could help us out a lot.  Someone in our group mentioned it was getting dark, and the other group would be home.  As it seemed, we were two groups of people sharing a shelter, yet divided as there was distrust toward the other and no communication.  I told my group to hide the food in our sleeping bags at our feet until the morning, when the other group left we could prepare and eat our meal together, without being harassed.  I left down the road as night fell, and came upon a 24 hour gym.  I went in and started doing my routine, I got on the squat machine and tried to bust out a set but I felt weak.  Then, I was approached by Elliot Hulse (youtuber), who I'm a fan of, and he started coaching me through my set.  I told him I felt weak and hungry and could have done better.  He offered to let me stay at his house the night, saying he admired my drive despite situations and wanted to talk more.  I thought cool, I can steal some nutritional supplements or whatever for the group.  His house was very nice, like a well landscaped villa in LA.  We talked about where I came from, I humbled myself and told him I meant to steal things from the gym.  It was an awkward, difficult conversation.  His voice was authoritative and angry yet the content was caring, but also expressed almost psychotically and sarcastic.  He gave me a tub of protein mix and I left both thankfully and sneakily. That's all I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment