Saturday, April 26, 2014

the other Painter

I was in my apartment doing homework, cooking, doing laundry and washing dishes at the same time.  Multi-tasking, I was trying to see how many things I could do at once because as I walked through my apartment, from area to area, and looked up, there was a reflection of me on the ceiling, but there was no mirror.  Instead it was another me upside down on the ceiling, following me around the apartment and at each area I stopped to do a chore, he stopped at an easel and started to paint, his arm movements matching mine.  I thought it was interesting and fun, I was happy this was happening to me, until the paint dripped down and got on my just washed clothes, just cleaned dishes, in my food and on my homework.  Then I thought maybe if I take a break, he will take a break and the paintings would have a chance to dry before we start again, as it was the constant application of fresh paint that was making it run a lot.  I laid on the floor, he laid on the ceiling and I tried to talk to him but there was no answer, just mimicked my movement, and I looked at him closer and saw his fingers ended in paint brushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment