Saturday, April 26, 2014

the walk Downtown

I remember walking down main street in Farmington.  It was bright and sunny out, and the air felt cool.  I was walking around while brushing my teeth, I felt really minty.  I walked into the Citizens Bank, which inside looked like a mall with a second floor, with a glass safety barrier.  I was walking above, looking down, still brushing my teeth, which was bizarre.  I walked into an office, there was a pair of guys sitting around a circular glass table, dressed in nice business attire, looked like they were having a meeting of some sort.  There was a restroom right past them, and they gave me queer looks seeing as though I was still brushing my teeth.  Out of the restroom a little boy came out, he freaked out a little when he noticed me, and froze staring at me.  He was also brushing his teeth, and when he realized I was too, he smiled and gave me a thumbs up when we walked past each other. (wtf?)  I opened the door to the restroom and it was a very tiny room, the floor was a few feet lower than the door and a few steps were recessed into the wall to get down, like the steps in a swimming pool.  The walls were painted red, and it was uncomfortably small.  My elbows rubbed into the walls and the red walls made me feel anxious.  The door being above my head was unnerving and I started to struggle to get out, banging my arms and legs on the sink and toilet and door handle.  I got out and ran past the men around the table to get outside. There was a park outside, full of people sitting on the grass eating and flying bizarre kites.  The kites looked like regular, diamond shaped kites having a tail with a few ribbons, but partway down the length of the line there were small nets catching insects as the wind blew them past.  I walked up to get some food from a cafeteria, and the people behind the counter were making fun of me for some reason, then their boss came out and everyone shut up.  They asked what I wanted and I looked on the menu and everything had bizarre names.  I just ordered the "avalanche", and they had me hold an empty plate up, then started to assemble a mountain of BBQ'd meat topped with mashed potatoes.  Then the workers started to cheer for me, saying get ready for the avalanche!  Then a guy poured gravy on top of the plate from a 5 gallon bucket and were jokingly cheering "don't drop it!" and stuff.  He kept pouring till it was dripping on the counter and reached my hands, it was scalding hot.  Then, I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment