Wednesday, April 30, 2014

the attack Puppet

I smelled burnt popcorn.  It was dusk in Japan, I was in my shoebox apartment, a window at one end and a combination front door-kitchen-bathroom at the other.  I felt woozy, like I woke with a killer hangover.  I was with Anne, and she was freaking out.  There was something outside the door trying to get in, so I got the bat off the coat hangar hanging from the door, and slowly unlocked the door, trying to be silent about it.  I wanted to open the door quickly, hoping to scare off whatever it was.  When I did, there was a scream from outside on the concrete floor a few feet away, and a dinosaur about as tall me was glaring wildly back.  I freaked out, it looked like a velociraptor, it had feathers on its head and under its arms, it was crazy neon colors and screamed like a little girl.  I couldn't completely shut the door in time, its arms and head were caught in it and I struggled to keep it pinned there.  Anne screamed that it likes popcorn, and I told her to open the bag of burnt popcorn and throw it through the space in the door.  She did, and then I heard a mans voice outside say "Who throws popcorn!?", and started to make agonizing sounds about the hot oil burning him.  The dinosaur stopped moving, and i opened the door to discover a man holding sticks that ended in a velociraptor head and arms.  All I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment