Monday, May 12, 2014

the wrists of Kings

I first remember feeling scared, like when you know you really messed up and you're anticipating the outcome.  I was tied to a wooden pole behind my back, like a reverse hug, slunk into the ropes.  It was very uncomfortable, and there were people in front of me locked in a barred cell.  The room was dark and dusty. Someone behind me asked what I would do to let them free, I said I'll stay here and stay tied, even though the people caged included people I loathe.  He said fine, and let them go.  He was unnaturally tall, and wore an even longer black robe with an elongated red cross on the back, and massive musculature was visible under it.  When he turned to me, I seen his sword was the same dimension and color as the cross on his back.  He asked me what I would do to be set free, I said I'll let him cut off my hand so I'll never be able to be tied at the wrist again.  He said fine, and cut the ropes.  Then, I willingly put my left hand on a chopping block, and I remembered a scene from Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, with Kevin Costner readying his hand to be chopped in place of his friend.  It made me laugh remembering that, like this is kinda corny, and I thought when he sees how fearless I had become he would let me go with all my parts still attached.  Nope, he hacked my hand off at the wrist quickly, and I was a bit shocked.  I said "Fuck! I didn't think you would really do it, jerk-face!".  He laughed, and said "I didn't think you would let me do it".  Then, he gave me my hand, and I put it in my pocket with a humbled satisfaction, I could reattach it at the hospital if I hurry, and thought it ironic I was stuffing my left hand in my right pocket.  Anxiously, I asked if I was free to go, and he said not yet.  He asked even though I can't be tied at the wrist again, how would I wear an expensive gold watch or gold chain?  I said I didn't care for those things, and told him I intend to reattach my hand when he let me go.  Then, he said good, go get it healed, and that gold is as worthless as the dirty ropes if I have a Queens hand holding my wrist.  I hurried out, and last remembered feeling much urgency because it hadn't before, but now started to bleed as my heart quickened to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment