Thursday, May 15, 2014

the Anima

(hrmmm)..........I dreamed I was a girl.  I didn't look to see in a mirror or anything, the body mattered not, I wasn't shocked or disgusted either.  However, recollecting it is a bit bizarre.  I went to a sporting goods store and I got the vibe from other people that I was feminine.  I walked to the firearm counter, I told the guy I wanted to buy a gun.  He became overtly authoritative with me, and creepy, and said well I think these are your best options, and started showing me small caliber handguns. I said no I was looking for a snub-nose in .357 magnum or a semi in .40 S&W, whichever was in budget.  He asked if it was a gift for someone, I was like the hell? "No, it's for me."  He started to stress to me how much recoil it was and said the models he chose for me are more popular girl choices.  He asked what I "thought" I needed a more powerful caliber for... I got annoyed, and said well I'll just look around (None of your fuckin' business!).  Then, another dude comes up behind me, and they both start geeking out on ballistics and firearm knowledge, almost arguing what they thought was best for me.  I walked off, further down the counter looking at the pieces.  I saw what I wanted, A convertible snub-nose, in .357 magnum and .38 special, that way I could buy cheaper .38 ammo for practice and magnum for to make me feel safe.  It was pretty too <3 <3 <3.  I decided not to bother with those guys, they were creepy, I went to the shelves stocked with ammo, and started looking for what I wanted.  I picked up a box of pricey .357 magnum hollow-points, then started looking for a box of .38 special bulk cheap stuff.  I saw what I wanted, but there was an old man standing there staring at the boxes.  I waited patiently, he looked confused, and impatiently, "Excuse me, sir!  Can I just get past you a second...?".  He didn't answer, I felt weird, then he noticed me and said "Oh!  I'm sorry darlin', I can't figure out what I need."  I asked him what he was looking for exactly, he didn't answer, just stared at me.  Really awkward, so I just slid by him and made a beeline for the box of .38's.  He watched, then asked me how I knew what to buy.  I said "uuuuhhh, what?", and thought (uuuuhhh, for fucks' sake why won't these 'tards leave me alone)... He didn't answer.  Then I realized he couldn't hear very well.  The next moments were weird, I gave a bit of information to him, which opened me up to more of his inquiries, which I almost had to yell in his ear for, escalating our conversation.  I started to get irritated, I remember yelling "The lower bullet weight on .38's will shoot a flatter trajectory, which simulates the .357 better in accuracy, but the recoil will be much higher in .357, and it's also (blah-blah-shplee)!!!".  Everyone heard me, I felt flush in the face, I had about had it with the old man, and I picked a box for him and put it in his hand and said "TRY THESE!", giving him a thumbs up.  I left back to the counter, before he called me darlin' or sweetheart again (yuck), put down my 2 boxes and said I want to fill out paperwork for that snub-nose.  That's all I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment