Thursday, May 15, 2014

the salty Ghosts

I first remember seeing the Sun, except it was distorted with waves, I thought to myself, "Yup, I'm dreaming... and thinking still".  I think the Sun is rising behind the blinds, making it look wavy, but wait that doesn't seem possible.  Oh wait, I don't even have blinds, I nailed a bedsheet over the window, remember?  I think I was angry and depressed, I just wanted to sleep, so I nailed it up, shut out the Sun, realizing it was years ago, wow.  It was always so bright, back when the bedroom mattered.  When it was kept, not barren and dark, full of ghostly memories..... Oh wait!, fuck this!, I'm dreaming.  Where's the Sun? Still there, it's wavy and I'm weightless, I'm under the ocean.  I start to panic... I hate water! I started hyperventilating, it felt like tens of thousands of metric tons of water squeezing me, collapsing me, but I was still breathing, just laboriously.  I was further convinced I was under water when I saw the bellies of sharks, some gliding, some swimming, like how tough guys walk in the gym.  I felt scared, I felt so scared and lost, I cried.  Oh wait, fuck this, I'm dreaming.  I can breathe, somehow, and I'll wait for the sharks to pass, I think I'll make it.  I hate water... I hate it so much... I hate anything I'm forced to tolerate, because I'm so good at it.  Tolerating everyone and every circumstance.  Oh wait... fuck this... I'm dreaming... I can do what I want here, I'm safe here, right?  I cried, and suddenly the water tastes salty.  A ship passed over, I can hear its sails.  It sounds like a tree with rustling leaves, a great tree in a great wind.  I saw its roots networking out of the ships' belly, raking the seafloor.  The roots graced me, suddenly lifting me out of ground, not water, churning the earth around me effortlessly.  I was dirty.  The water was gone, the sharks were gone, the Sun was warm, the darkness was pushed away, I breathed effortlessly, the air tasted sweet under the tree.  It's time, I thought to myself, it's time to open my window.  Let the ghosts out. I cried again.

No comments:

Post a Comment