Friday, December 5, 2014

the glass Spine

I dreamed that I was recovering from back surgery.  I laid in the hospital bed, and the doctor told me they had to put glass in my spine.  He said it was the perfect material to help me, but considering it was glass I couldn't move too much or I would shatter my implants (??? the fuck!).  I hate doctors and hospitals, this felt like a nightmare.  When I woke, the dream doctor and my surgery was ridiculous, but in the dream I felt so convinced that my life depended on not breaking my glass spine.  The doctor said I would see a physical therapist who specializes in rehabilitating people with glass spines, and over time my muscles will compensate for and protect it.  Then, he said I would have an increase in neural activity within my body because my spine would be able to send information more efficiently just like fiber-optic technology.  I immediately thought "Bullshit!!!", and continued to not trust him and freak the fuck out, that's all I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment