Friday, December 5, 2014

faith of a Spider

I dreamed that I was running home, I felt terror and adrenaline.  I was running from a giant, her hand reaching out for me could easily hide all of me in a fist, her hair and robe she wore were bleach white.  What was really fucking freaky was that she made no noise, no footsteps or breathing or rustle of clothing.  I got home and quickly unlocked the door, then went for the closet under the stairs because I thought it was the safest place to hide if she shoves her arm through the windows.  I felt the ground move, then the walls in the closet, then I knew she was trying to lift the building off its foundation.  I tried to calm myself, and for some reason I thought maybe if I have enough faith I could climb up the wall and cling to the ceiling so she won't find me.  I thought about it, and as the building creaked and shifted, I put my hands on the wall and climbed to the ceiling, like a spider.  The ground disappeared far below me but I clung to the ceiling, even when she shook the building to try and dump me out.  She turned the building upside down and found me, I got scared again and suddenly all that faith I had left me, I fell down (onto the ceiling) and she stuck her fingers into the closet and got me, kind of like lightly holding the last Pringle chip from the can with your fingertips.  That's all I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment