Friday, December 5, 2014

scawy Ganma

I first remember feeling stressed out.  I was in a strange house, on the second floor in a dim hallway.  I knocked on a bedroom door and an old voice bellowed "hurry up!"  I went in to see the room was lit with dawn, and dust particles reflected it making the room seem to glow.  There was a grandma in the bed, sitting upright in her nightgown and hair net, legs tucked under her quilt.  She looked sternly at me, and said she needs to have breakfast soon so she has time to get to church.  I asked what she wanted to eat, she said pancakes and sausage.  I rushed to the kitchen and started cooking.  I only had vegetarian sausage that I tried once (YUCK!) and thought hopefully she won't tell the difference.  I pulled out a skillet from the oven, and it was so big it fit over all four burners on the stovetop.  I lit all the burners, and whipped up a whole box of batter.  I poured it over the giant skillet and cooked a pancake that was like 3' in diameter, then I started to melt a box of butter on top, four sticks.  I got even more stressed out when I realized there was no maple syrup, and the grandma will be upset.  Then, I woke up as I was wondering if she was my grandma, because I didn't recognize her.

No comments:

Post a Comment