Sunday, April 19, 2015

disasters

I dreamed I was back in the Navy, on a ship.  The alarms were going off, and suddenly all the lights shut off.  Everyone was leaving in a hurry, it was sinking.  The emergency lanterns were positioned in awkward ways, making it hard to see what's in the way.  There was so much equipment and obstacles, unforgiving metal everywhere that hurt my shins and elbows as I clambered through almost blindly.  I got out, and next I was on shore.  Someone came to pick me up in a white car, I recognized her.  We drove together to Shiprock, the town I grew up in.  It was overcast and very windy out.  Suddenly, a huge tornado appeared in the open desert near the highway.  It stretched miles at its base, and lifted the ground up, boring through like a giant drill bit.  We were kind of scared, I took over driving, and the tornado threw debris at us but I was able to dodge whole houses and vehicles and trees that fell on our path.  She put her head on my shoulder and we drove to a shelter with lots of people waiting out the tornado.  In the parking lot, the vehicles all looked strange and elaborately decorated, like there was supposed to be a parade that day.  There were cars bigger than trucks there, decorated with gold and jewels and candy paint jobs.  When I parked, I used the key to set the alarm, and the white car, which was now a corvette, transformed into a white bar.  Like, a 2 foot long chunk of metal that was really heavy.  I carried it on my shoulder.  Inside the shelter, there were people all over camped out across what looked like a basketball court.  There was also a really fat man that had somehow gotten stuck on a brick wall, which we laughed at.  I asked how he got there, he said the tornado lifted and hurled his ass into the side of a building.  So, they cut the wall out and delivered it here because they couldn't pull him out.  (???)  We found an empty garage that was more private, the air outside pounded on the steel garage door loudly.  I was getting comfortable when my companion up and left the shelter.  That's all I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment