Wednesday, March 11, 2015

the Pinecone

I dreamed that I was about to go through surgery.  I was in a gown with a breeze on me butt, and I felt anxious and sick.  I laid on a table while a nurse took my vitals and said the doctor will be in shortly. I waited, looking at all the human anatomy and food guide pyramid posters, and felt the paper on the table crinkle against my bare ass (aaah damn it... hahaha!).  When the doctor came, he was prepared for surgery and asked if I wanted to be blindfolded (a dentist asked me this before, I said no and watched him get on the seat with me and wrestle a wisdom tooth out with a booming crack, it was nuts!).  I said no to the blindfold, and he used shot needles to anesthetize the area around my heart.  While he worked, he told me they have to replace my heart with a pinecone (???).  So I watch as he cuts me open, clamps the wound and spreads my ribs, yet I wasn't very appalled to witness.  It didn't hurt.  Then he cleanly removed my heart and replaced it with a pinecone, closed and sutured me up and said I have to go to aftercare.  He wheel chaired me across the hall and I felt my extremities tingling and beginning to become numb.  In aftercare, the nurse asked how I felt, I said everything is numb with pulsing tingles.  She said it's okay, the pinecone is opening and the seeds are sprouting, turning my blood vessels into roots, and that is good progress.  I calmly accepted it also, I just felt it was necessary.  I played with my hands while answering her questions like if I smoked and how much alcohol I consume and exercise routines, trying to feel roots growing or something, but only tingling....  I woke up on the couch with my arms above the armrest, tingling with cut off circulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment