Saturday, February 28, 2015

the Clock

I dreamed about a clock I have in my living room.  It is a cheap, analog, octagonal Wal-Mart clock.  In my dream, it was missing the numbers and the hands were pointing to a time that was not right.  I went to take it off the wall and set it to the correct time, but it was stuck to the wall.  I tried to pry it off carefully and the glass fell out, so I took off the hands and peeled out the face.  Underneath was an actual face, I didn't recognize who.  It was an old and wrinkly lady, eyes closed and motionless.  I touched her cheek, it was warm and real, I pushed it and the whole face popped open like one of those cabinets with magnets you have to push to pop open.  Behind, the clock covered a hole in the wall, which had a slim yet crazy long hallway.  It was dark, and within reach was a light switch. I reached in and tested the switch, and random bulbs along the low ceiling flickered on.  The walls were like u expect looking in a wall, 2x4's, insulation and nails poking inward, but stuck all along it whether glued or nailed to the walls and ceiling was gold jewelry, toys and items embossed with jewels that clicked and swayed (like a metronome and kinetic science sets), purple peacock feathers and letters curled up in gold ribbons, religious items.  All just stuck in the walls.  I was looking down it like WTF!? Where does this go? Then, a door opened at the end, and a woman walked down it at a brisk pace, somehow not knocking anything off the walls.  When she got close enough to see, I recognized her as the lady wearing a leather skirt, white jacket and high heels from Journey's "Separate Ways" music video.  She strutted just the same, with her hands in her pockets, silent and that's all I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment