Wednesday, February 25, 2015

fukn Owls

I hate owls.  I dreamed I was in my apartment, my new neighbors were having a party and invited me over.  I went in, and saw an old coworker/friend.  I called her Wu, she said hi and we hugged and got a drink together.  I was going to ask how she ended up here, when she became awkward and changed.  Her hair seemed to thin till she looked near bald and the back of head grew longer and drooped down her neck.  I put my drink down, said bye and that I think I had enough (wtf!?).  When I went outside, it was pouring rain yet everyone left their doors open.  Suddenly I heard owls hooting, it was very close and sudden and freakishly loud. I felt really intimidated and the skin on my neck and back crawled as I kneeled on the wet pavement, underneath the tree in front of my apartment where they roosted.  They hooted and hooted and flapped their wings.  Although I didn't look at them, I was able to stand back up and walk into my apartment with stricken nerves salvaged.  I looked at them once I was in my doorway, they were all glaring at me with faces twisting and rotating like they do, and their necks bulged when they hooted.  That's all I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment