Wednesday, February 25, 2015

power-nap

I fell asleep for like 10 minutes after a workout, I just laid on the floor and closed my eyes.  My legs were burning, my core muscles felt stricken.  I remember the ceiling, and the sound of harsh winds outside.  Then came creaking, and dizzying movement, like the foundation the apartment complex was shifting.  My fingertips felt tingly, like after you use a hammer very harshly for a long time.  I felt stressed out, it was hot and I was making nails out of kitchen utensils and other metal bits in front of a forge.  My hands ached from hammering the shapes out on an anvil, and my legs burned because I was too tall for it.  That and running back and forth from the forge and walls, to hammer in freshly made nails so the building didn't collapse on me.  I felt really stressed, like I should be using energy on a better plan instead of this seemingly useless waste of it.  I pounded out more nails, the building seemed fine, so I took the opportunity to make a shit load more.  The building didn't creak anymore and the winds calmed, and I woke when I realized I had made way too many nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment