Sunday, August 9, 2015

the cinders of the Deceased

I dreamed about a couple events that happened in my life.  I was in a canyon, near a campsite overlooking Angel Peak and Castle Rock in NM. I wasn't alone the multiple times I been there, but in my dream I was alone.  I replayed what had really happened, hiking.  I found something shimmering on the ground, I unearthed it and it looked like a brass dog tag.  It had a number across it, and words underneath that said crematorium tag.  Then, I noticed the white ashes covering my hands.  I dropped it all, pulled out my canteen to wash it off, saying in my head, "I'm sorry soul, I'm here for the same reason you are, to enjoy this pretty place.  Rest easy."  I continued into the canyon, on the way down I stepped on a rattlesnake.  That actually happened there, it did not strike, (so thankful it didn't, fuck'n hallelujah!)  However, in the dream my partner wasn't there to push me clear of it.  Instead, someone said "Look!"  I looked and there was no one, but she said I had stepped on a rattlesnake and that it didn't want to bite me because she stepped on it after me.  She said thanks for admiring the peak with her, and that I have bad spirits following me.  They are jealousy, anger, spite and heartache.  But, she also said she thinks I am still good and will overcome it.  She asked me a favor.  She asked if I remember the other time I was here, hiking into Castle Rock, where I found a miniature cave with graffiti carved into the rock, and inside the cave I found a coffee can that was painted gray in thick acrylic paint.  I had left it alone at the time, this really happened, and in my dream I told her yes, I remember.  She said she got to know him, and he wants to see the land about him, not from the tiny cave inside a coffee can.  I said alright, I'll head over that way and dump the ashes where she tells me to.  She told me thanks so much, and said as a gift from us both we'll make sure you never get struck by a rattlesnake.  That's all I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment