Thursday, June 25, 2015

my ghost of Anima and Animus

I dreamed I was back in the Navy. I was on the messdeck, fixin' to eat a plethora of fruit from the salad bar, it was breakfast.  A chief, I remember him, came up to me and said that I can't just eat fruit, that I needed to eat the crap they serve in the galley.  I assured him I'm fine, he said that the chain of command is concerned about my health.  He went away, then a familiar face appeared sitting next to me.  I remember her, such a "tomboy", risky and reckless.  Her name was Kim to me, she was a ghost, and talking to her made me realize I looked fuckin' crazy.  She was mischievous, but even as a ghost, my superior.  Kim said I need to go to the forecastle and retrieve a length of mooring line, (nautical terms, sorry, but just a place in a ship and a rope thicker than your arms).  She said I should go this way, leading me into the area in the ship restricted to officers... nay, admirals.  It was glorious.  There was a window so large and captivating, with a brilliantly gilded gold sunset over dark purple waters, it looked as if we were sailing into heaven.  I was enthralled, yet her ghost beckoned to the forecastle, I have a task at hand.  I went, and I was caught.  An admiral, twice as tall as I, belittling without a word and stern when I made eye contact, asking "what the fuck are you doing!?"  Kim whispered in my ear, and I saluted him and replied "Sir! I'm here to fix the... (duhhhhh)"  He cut me off and said "Right, on your way."  I went to the forecastle and grabbed a mooring line, it was still soaked in salt water and heavy.  Suddenly, her ghost left after biting my elbow, that's how tall she was to me. WTF!? Next, I had a different ghost.  He, not in a gay way, was someone I thought was a beautiful man, and I had deep admiration for him, I called him Tony.  He said we gotta go, we're on liberty and I gotta sneak out before the admiral catches me again.  I squeezed all the water out the line, which when rolled up was like a tire, and left the ship with it rolled around my shoulder.  Outside, I found we were ported on shore already, gold light filled the air and Tony was waiting for me in a purple convertible.  He said put the mooring line in the trunk, and we were off.  The salty, cool, humid air was so good in that car.  We went to a grocery store, there was a girl there that I like.  We paid her for our bottles of wine, then back to the car.  There, Tony said "Yo! I seen you looking at that cashier, man."  I replied, "Uuuuhh... really?" Then, the cashier jumped in the back along with other girls, and as we drove off she passed me a note.  I was so nervous trying to write my phone number on it, that which the note asked for.  I wrote a familiar number, then another, and another, and more, scribbling them out as I realized they weren't mine, but people I was involved with in the past. Then, Tony took my hand as I nearly scribbled a hole through the paper, yelling "Dude! Just let go!" That's all I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment