Saturday, January 31, 2015

the terrible Children

I dreamed I was in a battle.  Weapons were primitive yet we feared the idea of "magic" like nuclear holocaust.  We were scared, and no manner of preparation comforted us.  (For some reason I remember goat cheese...???).  We had a Ruler, a King, and he presented himself to us, soldiers, in our camp.  It was cold and wet out, the snow didn't stick.  The King said he has a solution to the war, that he would rely on magic to win, and we could leave and go home.  We welcomed this solution, and I left the camp for home skeptically yet thankful.  I got like 5 minutes down a road when a man came hustling up to me, screaming the plan did not work, and I needed to get back to the front.  There were other men running back with me shortly after, and we were ready to counter whatever the enemy had sent at us.  When we arrived, we found that the magic that the king used was to turn all the enemy soldiers into children, thinking it advantageous.  However, even as children, they still had intent, mission, and the same ferocity. No one of us sane had the heart to slay the children, and I watched the little ones overrunning and killing armored and teary eyed men easily.  That's all I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment