Saturday, January 31, 2015

Rudy

I dreamed about my friends.  I was with Leon, who was closer than my own brother, and with my dog Rudy.  I was in Junior High at the time, and I remember what we used to do often, dorks, but it was fun and it made an impact on my life, and I dreamed about it.  One night, Leon and I loaded up our pellet guns, I put Rudy on his leash and we took a midnight stroll down farm road in Shiprock, NM.  Normally, that would be scary, but we had Rudy.  Rudy was a half Chocolate Labrador and Rottweiler mix, and he was totally retarded, in a good way (like Sloth from the Goonies).  I knew if he wanted to, I couldn't hold him back with his leash if it mattered, and if he got away he would most likely die protecting us or be back on the porch in the morning all fucked up, which was actually a normal occurrence.  He was not mean, but he was a beast, the most gentle I ever seen.  He viciously would attack stones, even broke a tooth on one, for example.  The moon was full, we walked along the irrigation ditch and found pipes lifted above the ground with rushing water inside them.  We tried their strength with a few .177 pellets, no effect.  We kept walking, and Leon told me a scary story about a wooden post that came alive, like a walking stick, and knocked on windows then resumed its position as a post.  I felt safe with Rudy on the end of the reigns anyway, but he pulled and sounded like he was choking himself in exploration.  This was not abnormal either, and I thought I best let him go or get him some water because I could see his foamy mouth in the moonlight.  Then, we found a field in the higher hills, in the desert, in the full moonlight.  There were glowing objects littered all across it, and I found when we got closer they were dryers and washing machines white reflective paint, and old white porcelain toilet bowls glowing under the moonlight, we were in a dump that was obviously unregulated.  I let Rudy off the leash and he immediately flushed out all the jackrabbits and prairie dogs hiding in the dump, and the place became alive.  That's all I remember. I miss my doggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment