Monday, September 1, 2014

Teri-yucky sauce

I dreamed I was in the house I grew up in.  There's a closet that only opens to the outside, right next to the front door.  It only locks from the outside, I was always afraid of it for that.  Inside was dirty, packed full of dusty storage bins and outdoor equipment.  I needed to get near the back of the closet, where my bike was hanging on the wall.  I started to climb over junk towards it when suddenly the door slammed shut and I heard wind rustling on the other side.  I got scared, the only light were from gaps in the doors.  I screamed and banged on the door.  Above me a light came, glowing neon blue.  I looked and it was a collection of cobwebs, it looked gross.  There were spiders about the size of my hand all over the webbing, and the ceiling seemed to be taller than it was before.  The web was growing, expanding, then swelling.  The light was from cocoons inside growing, filling a space of webbing that had swelled to the size of a trash bag.  I couldn't get my body flatter against the ground if I tried, it was so fuckin' gross and terrifying, spiders crawling all over.  Suddenly the door opened, it was my grandmother.  I was a bat out of hell, dashing onto the ground and rolling around, inspecting my body frantically for spiders or webs or cocoons.  I watched my grandma poke the swelling bag, and said "I'll call the exterminators".  My friend Leon was there, he had pedaled up on his bike like we were children again, but we were adults, it was weird.  He asked if he could move in with me, he needed a place to stay.  I said cool, that would be awesome, but the spiders.  I last remember Leon and I conspiring how could we torch the closet clean, and for some reason he was convinced that sweet ginger teriyaki sauce is flammable so we should use that.

No comments:

Post a Comment