Friday, October 24, 2014

mossberg and Butterflies

I dreamed I was locked inside a conex box, or a few conex boxes welded together to make a sizable room.  There was a window, but it was fogged and only let a glowing ray of sunlight through.  I walked to it, my footsteps echoed loudly and stirred up fine dust.  Dust billowed up, seen only in the ray of light from the single window, I felt boogies and a sneeze coming.  Next to the window, stood barrel up between the ribs of the conex box, was my shotgun.  I picked it up, a Mossberg 500, and checked the chamber and magazine.  One shell, I figured my best bet was to shoot out the almost opaque window, use the butt to break any remaining shards out of the way and squeeze through.  The shot rang in the metal box like a bell, I fell to my knees in shock from the blast, holding my ears in pain.  When the shock subsided, I saw the window didn't shatter, but left tiny holes where the buckshot passed through (tryptophobia, ick!). I went to press my face against the window and see if I could see through a single hole, then fluttery shadows appeared on the other side.  Through the holes, butterflies squeezed through, their wings collapsing and "poofing" back out when they got through, and all of them fluttered about, stirring up the dust in the conex box,  I tried to wipe it off my brow but it felt sticky, and I realized the dust was fine pollen.  That's all I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment