Wednesday, September 2, 2015

wine to Water

I first remember I was packing for a hiking trip.  I was asked to be a sort of "guide" for a girl.  I was inventorying our things, it became clear what her intentions were after trying to figure out what to carry.  I was testing her bag, seeing how much water she could carry, she insisted on carrying alcohol as well.  I tested her bag to see if she could carry a tent, she insisted I carry one tent for the both of us.  I wasn't interested, she agreed to carry her own with a mischievous grin.  I thought, "Oh fuck... what am I getting into, I'm not even showing any interest in her.  I don't wanna go now, shit."  I realized there was two other people there, two Chiefs I remember from the Navy.  They said they got some things from the armory for me, handed me a huge seabag full of junk.  I told them I can't carry all this, we're going on foot.  They were persistent, I was annoyed.  I told the Chiefs, I'm not in the Navy anymore and I will not carry all this.  I opened the bag and it was full of ordnance and other bags (???).  I grabbed a backpack and an over-the-shoulder pack, telling them I'll just use these.  They offered me one of the many rifles from the bag, saying at least take this in case.  I said no, I don't need those anymore, in case of what!?  I told the girl I know where we're going and what to expect, and I come prepared anyway.  I told her that I'm not going to drink or sleep with her, and if she still wants to go to carry her own tent.  I felt in control, where earlier I felt gullible and being taken advantage of, it felt good.  That's all I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment